Can your Mac run TypeIt4Me?
The latest version of TypeIt4Me requires a Mac running at least macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) or later. From there it will work all the way up to and including macOS Catalina 10.15.
Mavericks (10.9), Yosemite (10.10), El Capitan (10.11), Sierra (10.12), High Sierra (10.13), Mojave (10.14) and Catalina (10.15) are all free to download from the Mac App Store. If you’re still running an older OS but your Mac can run at least Mavericks, we strongly recommend upgrading to the newest operating system your Mac can support so you can take advantage of the many UI enhancements, new functionalities and security improvements on offer.
Apple formally notes that macOS Mavericks runs on the following Mac categories:
- iMac (Mid-2007 to Mid-2014)
- MacBook (13″ Late 2008 Aluminum, Early 2009 to Mid-2010)
- MacBook Pro (13″ Mid-2009 to Mid-2014)
- MacBook Pro (15″ Mid/Late 2007 to Mid-2014)
- MacBook Pro (17″ Late 2007 to Late 2011)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 to Early 2014)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 to Late 2012)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 to Late 2013)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
To upgrade to Mavericks your Mac needs to be running at least macOS Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and have at least 2 GB of RAM installed as well as at least 8 GB of available storage space.
If your Mac can’t run Mavericks then you’ll need to download an older version of TypeIt4Me. For macOS 10.8 through 10.6, you should download TypeIt4Me 5.2.1. If you’re still running 10.4 or even older versions of macOS, you’ll need to download TypeIt4Me 4.2.1 instead.