FAQ: Will my Mac be able to run the latest TypeIt4Me?
The latest version of TypeIt4Me requires a Mac running macOS 10.9 (Mavericks) or later. Mavericks and newer versions Yosemite, El Capitan, Sierra, High Sierra, Mojave, Catalina and Big Sur are free to download from the Mac App Store; if you’re still running an older OS but your Mac can run High Sierra, Sierra, El Capitan, Yosemite, Mavericks, Catalina or Big Sur, we strongly recommend upgrading so you can take advantage of the many UI enhancements, new functionalities and security improvements these offer. If your Mac is already running Mavericks or a newer version of macOS, you can download the latest version of TypeIt4Me here.
Apple formally notes that Mavericks runs on the following Mac categories:
- iMac (Mid-2007 to Mid-2014)
- MacBook (13″ Late 2008 Aluminum, Early 2009 to Mid-2010)
- MacBook Pro (13″ Mid-2009 to Mid-2014)
- MacBook Pro (15″ Mid/Late 2007 to Mid-2014)
- MacBook Pro (17″ Late 2007 to Late 2011)
- MacBook Air (Late 2008 to Early 2014)
- Mac mini (Early 2009 to Late 2012)
- Mac Pro (Early 2008 to Late 2013)
- Xserve (Early 2009)
To upgrade to Mavericks your Mac needs to be running at least Snow Leopard (10.6.8) and have at least 2 GB of RAM installed as well as at least 8 GB of available storage space.
If your Mac can’t run Mavericks then you’ll need to download an older version of TypeIt4Me. For macOS10.8 through 10.6, you should download TypeIt4Me 5.2.1. If you’re still running 10.4 or even older versions of macOS, you’ll need to download TypeIt4Me 4.2.1 instead.[/vc_column_text][/vc_column][/vc_row]