Good news, everyone: we're pleased to announce that TypeIt4Me 5.3.2 is now available to download at the Mac App Store. Before you get too excited though, please note that it's a maintenance update only. As much as we'd love to go crazy and add a bunch of cool new stuff to TypeIt4Me's repertoire of text expanding tricks, this would unfortunately fall foul of Apple's new rules governing Mac App Store updates. We're strictly prohibited from tacking new functionality onto non-sandboxed apps in the store, and as sandboxing TypeIt4Me would seriously impair its usefulness this release focuses on fixing bugs instead. Those of you who were really holding out hope for a new built-in shortcut that automatically writes your term papers for you, we're sorry to have to disappoint you there. Now that we've managed your expectations we can move swiftly on to detail the more joyous tidings that this release otherwise brings with it. After a busy few months tinkering under the hood, we've given TypeIt4Me a tune-up to ensure that it runs more smoothly. A number of outstanding glitches and performance issues that some of you reported have been addressed. Specifically, for this spit and polish update we've:
- Corrected the "missing file" message where you should instead see "do not expand" or "expand using..." in the Applications tab of Preferences.
- Added the missing US flag when selecting AutoCorrect with US locale (the Union Jack was already there for British locale users).
- Fixed cursor positioning in snippets including date/time.
- Fixed a bug that cropped up when saving changes with a filter on.
- Fixed an issue where adding a snippet to a set in iCloud would cause the focus to be lost or jump to the wrong snippet.
- Fixed an issue encountered when trying to insert a clipping within another clipping via the insert menu at the bottom right. Previously, nothing was available to insert - the "clipping" menu was empty.
- Fixed converting a plain text, tab delimited file to TypeIt4Me format.
- Fixed an issue related to the snippets file not being in its correct location (Sets folder inside TypeIt4Me's Application Support folder).