SpeakMyTunes 2.0 is out now. 09/06/2011
Yep, we like to keep busy. Hot on the heels of version 1.0′s debut less than a month ago, it’s our pleasure to announce that SpeakMyTunes 2.0 is available for download now. You can grab it straight from our website or, if you prefer, from Apple’s Mac App Store.
It was just a bit of fun when we launched it, but SpeakMyTunes has proven to be quite a hit. In a few short weeks our freeware song announcer for iTunes has been downloaded by thousands of music lovers across the globe. We’d like to thank everyone for the overwhelmingly enthusiastic response: your positive feedback and suggestions just keep pouring in. As you might expect, we’re pretty jazzed that people are enjoying SpeakMyTunes and finding it useful. Encouraged by your kind words and great ideas, we’ve gone on to add some spiffy new features. This is what’s new in version 2.0:
- You can now compose your own announcement, by combining and reordering any of the available song information tags with custom phrasing you type yourself.
- There are four new song information elements: Genre, Composer, Year and Comments.
- Pausing iTunes during SpeakMyTunes announcements is now optional.
- We’ve added an independent volume control for voice announcements.
- The application icon can be displayed in the dock only, in the menubar only, or in both.
- SpeakMyTunes has been localised for French, Spanish and Italian users.
That’s it for the time being. We hope you’ll get a kick out of these improvements – we’ve certainly enjoyed the challenge of implementing your requested features. Anyway, have fun tweaking SpeakMyTunes to your hearts’ content and keep the feedback coming. We love to hear your thoughts. Toodle pip…à bientôt…adiós…and arrivederci!